Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Barbara Walker Tarot Bag

I couldn't resist making this special bag for a tribe member, when she mentioned that she wanted  a bag for her new Barbara Walker Tarot.

I don't have this deck, so I looked it up and was stunned by the design of the backs. They seem so powerful and the colours are so strong. Crying out to be translated to fabric and thread.

I found some heavy black felt in my stash and some hand dyed orange cotton and set to making this wee treasure. I just love the combination of orange, black and white. The deep orange lining looks great and the symbols which I embroidered freehand, stand out so well.


Barbara Walker Tarot Bag
 
The only thing I wasn't so cool about was using Velcro as a fastening... but I wanted it to stay plain, unfrilly and simple.


Barbara Walker Tarot Bag Front

I actually wish these backs were on a different deck as this is not a deck I can imagine ever desiring to have in my collection. I find the images too ugly... maybe ugly is the wrong word.... they just don't connect with me. But the backs did.....!


No comments:

Post a Comment