Monday, December 17, 2012

Wildwood Reading

There is something I need to do but have been avoiding, as it is not easy. I wanted to ask the Tarot, how to go about it.

I used The Wildwood Tarot as it is my chosen weekly deck, and am wondering if that is a mistake as I cant really get much from this reading that helps with my question.

I devised a small spread asking:

1.When should I approach this
2.How should I approach this
3.How shall I deal with the outcome


The cards I drew were:

1. When should I approach this - Four of Bows Keyword: Celebration

Looking at this as time, and this card being about a celebration with fire and dancing, I wondered if the time is right around now... ie the upcoming Solstice. The number is 4 and the date I did the reading is 4 days from the Solstice. Or maybe the card wants me to do it before then, so I can celebrate with joy and abandon with my loved ones, free from what is bothering me? I then looked at the bows...the bows in this card have no strings, so is the time actually not right? Do I need to wait for another part (whatever that may mean), or something to complete my approach?

2. How should I approach this - Ace of Stones Keyword: Foundation of Life

This card shows a wonderful carved standing stone in a grove of ancient tree's. The stone has stood tall through the years like the tree's, so this to me says be strong and stand tall, and possibly have faith in the universe. The shadow falls before the stone, so depending on which way the stone faces it could be morning or evening.... a beginning or an end? There are many Cup and Ring symbols carved into the stone, whch I always see as the old ones communicating with us today. They remind me of the wireles symbols used by computers and mobile phones to signify a connection. There is also a maze or labyrinth on the stone. The labyrinth can symbolise the unknown.... it also shows struggle, finding the right way through the maze. If I am true to myself and stand strong in my light will I be able to see the right path once I begin? Again I am unsure quite what to think here in relation to my question.

3. How shall I deal with the outcome - Three of Vessels Keyword: Joy

Three cranes hover in a triangle over three vessels, gold, green and white. I know in Christianity these colours are used at certain times, white is for purity and green for spiritual growth and new life, gold which is only used at Easter is for the greatest feast. Cranes symbolise long life and also peace. I looked at the book for this card and the author writes:

"One of the most common reasons why people lose the ability to feel authentic joy in their lives is the loss or grief at the passing of the emotion"

I found this quite profound and it does make sense. It also mentions we must be strong and realise that all life's trials and tribulations are cyclical by nature. Just like in the Wheel of Fortune.

Any thoughts on this are welcome.... thanks for reading!

Wildwood Tarot 




4 comments:

  1. ok some thoughts for you to take as you will, cause i a no tarot expert by any stretch of the imagination.. but anyhoo.. i had some thoughts as i was reading and looking at what cards came up. i love the wildwood deck, and use my deck when i want honest answers which is sometimes O.< but there you go.

    so i have a three card spread that i use, which is card 1 where you are, 2 how to get there and 3 where you want to be, similar to what you have done

    so i get a strong impression that the first card 4 of bows is about letting go, relaxing, going with the flow, as the bows are unstrung and there is fire and dancing, so perhaps instead of celebration, it is more about letting go of how you have done things, stepping into the flow and seeing where it takes you, in that, water always follows the path of least resistant. as there is resistance in what you want to do, maybe it is something that you feel you should do in a particularly way, but that for the time being is
    not right...

    Card Two, Ace of Stones. how to get where you want to be or how you should approach.

    It says on the bottom of the card that it is the foundation of life, hmm.. interesting. I keep getting a something standing in your way, or seeming to stand in your way, and that something is large as life and demanding of your attention all of it, but if you take a step back there is often a way around the great unmovable object. The stone is a marker to the entrance of a track that looks to be surrounded by brambles, maybe even a hedgerow, and if you stand a little to the one side of the stone you will be able to see the entrance and someway down the track, however the track/path will not become clear until you have stepped around the stone and are at the entrance to the track.

    for me this would mean is the thing that seems to be standing in your way actually the thing you should be focused on. It tracks back to the 4 of bows and that letting go, the path of least resistance, if it was water it would just go around the stone and down the track. Perhaps there is something that you are missing that is something off to the side, the solution is not a straight forward thing but more of a tipping your head to the side to see from a different angle thing.

    Card Three: Three of Vessels, joy. As they say in harry potter sometimes with great joy comes great sorrow, however sometimes that great sorrow can also be a happy thing. So to me this card says the outcome of where you want to be will make you joyful, but not in a surface kinda way as there are three cups, which represent to me a depth of emotion, there will be sadness as well, the trick here I want to say is to acknowledge what you are feeling when you are feeling it.. so once you have let go, taken the path of least resistance, approached the issue from a new angle, then you will walk down the path, it might not be the path you originally wanted, but it will take you were you need to, are supposed to go…

    Err yeah.. that might be helpful.. or not.. like I said I am no tarot reader. but sometimes I get prods

    *beams*
    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very insightful.... thank you so much.... I love the looking to the side and from different angles... I do try to do this is life but a reminder is always good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome.. i am glad it was helpful. i am quite enjoying the readings you are doing with the Wildwood tarot this week.. they are most interesting and great food for thought!!

      hooray!
      *smiles*

      Delete
  3. Awww thank you... this is quite a new blog but it is a great focus... I really am loving the Wildwood!

    Thanks so much for your support Polly and have a Wonder*full* Solstice!! x

    ReplyDelete