Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4 of Swords

I drew today's card at 2.00am, and then I didn't look at it but put it under my pillow to see if it gave me any insight in my dreams... I did remember my dreams on a brief waking in the pre dawn hours, but forgot them later... they may come back...


Deviant Moon - 4 of Swords

4 of Swords... I love this card, it is one of my favourites in the deck, I love the colours and the character and the roses, and the wild hair... and she reminds me of me! She is resting after a hard fought battle I think... and this card is about resting and retreating fro the world for a while. Maybe into that dream land of the red roses of forgotten fairy tales.

I love how she looks so carefree, so not guilty for taking time out, almost abandoned... that is what I need to be like now. Maybe she has cast off three swords of guilt and there is just the one left, and while it is pointing up at her.... it is less of a threat below her, while she is in higher realms, maybe unaware of its presence. I can imagine it falling down forgotten from its precarious resting place.

Out of interest I just read a meaning for this card by Thirteen on AT and she tells a story of knights who had their casket or coffin made before they left for war, in case they didn't return alive, and they would lie in them on their safe return and reflect how they were lucky to be alive. I like this legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment