Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gothic Queen......

Sunday is the first day of my, week and I have decided to use the Bohemian Gothic Tarot by Baba Studio's as my deck of the week for readings and daily draws and all other such things.

I love this deck, so dark and yet playful.... its the perfect deck to get lost in, tell stories with and dream within. It shuffles like a waterfall and has gorgeous cardstock... and no borders... all of which go to making a deck a favourite. The backs are wonderful too!

Today I drew the Queen of Cups....


Queen of Cups - Bohemian Gothic Tarot


The Queens of the Bohemian Gothic Tarot all have a shadow side... one is a vampire, another stepped from a painting... this one is a Lorelei, a siren who lured sailors to their death after attracting them with the illusion of beauty amd the enchanting music from her golden harp. There are many signs on this card that all is not as it seems. The harp for one is an Irish style harp.... which makes me think of one who has kissed the Blarney Stone, and is therefore blessed with the gift of guile. The raven sitting by the queen could be her familiar, ravens are known as symbols of death although I like them, They are also messengers from the Otherworld, and as this one is hanging around the Queen like a friend, I am guessing she is from some other place that's not quite as it looks here. The silver goblet by her feet has flowers trailing from it that look suspiciously like Deadly Nightshade. This posionous plant has a long history of being used to poison people, disguised as wine. It is also hallucinogenic... more proof of the illusory vision we see on this card. It could be tempting to drink of that cup and escape for a while from life as we know it, but the hangover could be pretty heavy.

So whereas traditionally the Queen of Cups is a loving, nurturing, Empress of a Queen, this one has more of the Sorceress about her. I think the message here is to be aware, as not all is as it seems. Especially when it looks a little different from the norm, or what you are used to. Yep I get it... thanks again cards, for looking out for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment