Sunday, December 2, 2012

Fallen Angels

Last week I was originally going to use my Fallen Angels Oracle, but the Faerie's chimed in and wouldn't let me, so I had to use them instead. However, now they are sleeping..shhhhhhh....

I love this oracle, love the images, I have always loved graveyards and stone angels, would love to get the Graven Image oracle too! There are a big 72 cards too which is more than your average oracle deck.. :)

Today I drew Phoenix, the angel of Rebirth.... the angel sits against a fiery background with the ghost of the phoenix rising in the flames. The new born child grasps the knee of the angel. There is a stringled musical instrument and bow, possibly a violin standing next to the two figures. On the floor by the angels feet, there are some books. The overall colours of the card are orange and golds. The element of this card is Fire, and it's planet is the Moon.


Phoenix - Fallen Angels Oracle

The Phoenix is an age old symbol of rebirth, new life rising from the ashes of the old. Fire is the element of artists and creators, it brings energy and passion... I love to feel that joy and fire that I only know when I am in the middle of creating something new. The Moon brings deeper understanding of the sub conscious, she also represents the cycles of life, reflection and looking deeper. It seems strange to see Fire and the Moon together, but I suppose there is a connection as the Moon and the Phoenix and continually reborn.

This card guides you to use music and poetry to inspire you and others, and to refresh you and feed your spirit for this new chapter of life. Interesting, seeing as I was just sent an email link from my poets group about some summer workshops, to be held locally. One of the workshops is on singing and songwriting! I was asking my friend yesterday whether I should go or not, due to the cost... but it would be nice. I have always wanted to sing better.. and find out how to put my words to music. The card also reminds me of Charlie who left on Friday. I miss him so much. We shared so much music and he really got me into playing my guitar again and thinking about writing more songs :)



No comments:

Post a Comment