Saturday, November 17, 2012

New Tarot Bags

I have been having some fun recently,  making new bags for my favourite decks.... knitting, stitching, crochet...... whichever medium seems to suit at the time.

Each deck has its own personality and has to choose where it wants to sleep when not working.... so the latest ones I have made are pretty eclectic in style!

I made one for my Witches tarot by Dugan & Evans, it is knitted in several different yarns and ribbons blended together. I tied it with torn silk and added a silver Moon charm inlaid with Paua shell.
The charm came from a pair of earrings I had in my twenties and wore and loved for many years, so it adds some of my life to the deck too.


Bag for my Witches Tarot Deck

Then my Faeries decided they wanted a bag, and of course we know how fussy they can be! They had a ball choosing wools and ties, as well as some stones and charms that they insist live in the bag with them!!

The Faeries' Bag with Bling!


They wanted lots of mossy textured wool and although I made them a lovely silk tie they wanted this purple and gold blingy cord which they found on my workshop floor, instead!!


Faeries' Bag


Once the Faeries were happy.. I had the bag bug....

I found a silver Ankh that had been given to me a few years ago by a close friend. The Ankh reminded me of my Ludy Lescot deck.. so ta-da..! another bag was born!


Bag for Ludy Lescot Tarot


The dark colours and the frayed hand dyed lace and muslin ties and the sombre colours seem to suit this deck very well.


Ludy Lescot Tarot Bag with Lace Tie

Watch this space for more of my bags, and I do custom make bags in many styles to suit different decks. One of these days I will get a proper shop online but until then feel free to contact me if you have any requests!


No comments:

Post a Comment