Thursday, November 15, 2012

Five of Cups

This is the same card I drew last Thursday, albeit a different deck.

I wrote about it here.

In the Silicon Dawn Five of Cups we see a woman has just fallen off the back of a dragon. Falling with her are five cups, presumably they have sll spilled their contents ... if they ever had any. The faller looks she is trying to grab at the cups, she looks more unhappy at losing them, than at her fall, which could ultimately cost her life.


Five of Cups - Silicon Dawn 

So this is what happens when you catch a ride from a dragon, you are taken to a land far away, possibly somewhere you didn't want to go, and cast out alone, with not even a cup of water to drink.

Has she realised too late the value of what she had, before she chose to throw caution to the wind and cavort with creatures of fantasy, is she dreaming? I remember many childhood dreams of falling...

Where did she come from? Was it possibly a worse place than she is now, or did she just feel the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. This card has a kind of magenta tint, and in the printing process magenta removes green ..... so maybe the flight to fantasy land removed all the lush green grass from her world, and left a pink desert.

I wonder if I have been trying to ride a dragon, if so this won't be the first time I fell. Maybe this is the first time I realise what I stand to lose, and that what I would gain, would not be anything like  I expected. Is this card telling me to stop before it's too late? Avoid free trips with dragons at all costs?

Certainly today actually feels like loss, compared to the past couple of weeks ... and I suppose it is in my hands to do something to stop it. Do I have it in me be St George... for me, and not for someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment