Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Moon - Take 2 !!

It seems the Moon has a message for me and is determined that I *get* it.

My deck for this week is The Silicon Dawn Tarot,  by Egypt Urnash,  published by Lo Scarebo. This Tarot deck is very different, very refreshing and I just love everything about it. This deck actually is more than a Tarot as it has 99 cards in all, but I am only using 82 of them at the moment. The deck seems to be a bit of Thoth, a bit of RWS a bit of Golden Dawn and a whole lot of the creators own magic. The cards are a great size, smaller than your usual Lo Scarebo decks, but I love them. Usually I don't like smaller cards, but in this deck they work very well. There are black on black cards, glossy ink highlighting some cards and great holographic effects. The colours are wonderful and I do like the book and what Egypt has to say. The deck feels like a reflection of the artist in 99 mirrors... or rather 99 reflections.  Egypt sounds like a fascinating and colourful person.... and she has amazing wings! Definitely someone I would love to have round for supper...

Moon is a visually stunning card, I love the jackal in the water and the fact that half of the lady in the moon is in light and the other half in shadow. I wondered about the jackal being her darker self,  as her shadowed hand reaches down towards it. Or.... he is maybe just an illusion cast by the moon magic... then she could as easily be an illusion.

Moon - Tarot of the Silicon Dawn

 The Moon lady has a large tail, I like tails... once upon a time humans had tails.. now lost to evolution. The human embryo still has a tail, but this is absorbed into the embryo as it continues to develop. The tail is like a phantom, a missing part...that we know should be there, like the thought that you cannot quite catch but that continues to worry at you...  giving only fleeting glimpses of its existence. This particular tail also reminds me of a serpent, maybe the snake that tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden. Of course the devil is also depicted with a tail, they certainly have a kind of lustful sinful air about them. The figure seems to be bowing her head towards the tail, as if in deference of it's power over her.

Tails are also things left behind...  gone but still there.... in memory. My Dad died today.... he and my mother split when I was very young, but I wanted to connect with him somehow. He did wake me as he passed. Made me think back to the Ten of Cups I drew on Friday.. how memory can sometimes be more real than the now.

So two Moons in a row.... at the dark of the Moon and right before the Solar Eclipse.





No comments:

Post a Comment