Saturday, January 5, 2013

Darkana Deck......... Woohoo!

Wow... finally my Darkana Tarot Deck by Dan Donche is here!! I originally backed this on Kickstarter months ago, and although there were a few mailing issues, as in the best laid plans of mice and men... I never got disheartened and was happy to see it when it arrived. had I known just how much I was going to fall in love with it at first sight, I would have been way more impatient!!

Opening my red mailbox on this hot Saturday morning I found this cute as a button little brown parcel:

Brown Paper Delight

I carefully unwrapped it as it felt like the cards may not be boxed but they were, and beautifully so.... there is nothing I dislike about this gorgeous grungy badass deck!!
 

Darkana Deck With Free Everwind Sticker!

It came with a signed box and a signed Badass card... this was an extra for those of us who backed the deck on Kickstarter.  Dan's take on the Tarot it just wonderful..... I love the art, the backs fit perfectly and the thought that has gone into the creation of each card is just genius methinks.

Signed Box by the Badass Himself :)

Love the numerals and the font Dan chose, love the dirty splatters and smudged inky grunginess. I love that this is a special card that reminds me of me a few years ago!


Darkana Cards with Back Design

 Just look at the adorable Fool card, and the backs and the symbols and numbers.... YUM!




And a last peek for now, of my two favorite cards so far, this is on my first look mind and no doubt many more will vie for this place. The Two of Pentacles.... why oh why has none thought about this before... a hamster on a wheel... how perfect is that for this card.... !

And my first fave, the Five of Pentacles, this has always been one of my favorite cards in any deck and one of the first cards I look at, but because I was so enthralled with it all I didn't jump straight to my *go to* cards, so I wasn't expecting it..... How perfect is this? Bloody brilliant.....

I shall be using this as my Deck of the Week as from tomorrow so you will be hearing more.

Happiness is a grungy, gorgeous Tarot Deck.



No comments:

Post a Comment